St. Clair County Community College has announced another community trip — open to all area residents — to the Stratford Festival Theatre for a production of “The Merry Wives of Windsor” on Saturday, Oct. 12.
For $150, participants can enjoy luxury bus travel, priority seating at the theatre, lunch at the scenic Marquee Restaurant overlooking the Avon River, a walk around the Stratford Festival Theatre gardens, museum and gift shop, and refreshments and prizes.
“These trips provide a great opportunity for our college and community to come together and share in some truly special cultural experiences,” says Bonnie DiNardo, SC4’s director of community and alumni relations.
Located in Stratford, Ontario, the Stratford Festival Theatre is North America’s largest classical repertory theatre company, presenting a dozen or more productions across four distinct venues each year.
Set in the 1950s in a town not unlike Stratford, Ontario, “The Merry Wives of Windsor” brings Shakespeare’s rollicking comedy close to home and hearts. It follows two respectably married women and their would-be seducer who fails to anticipate that his targets are comparing notes.
Space is limited. Those interested must register by Oct. 1. Visit sc4.edu/trips to learn more and secure a spot.
- 9 a.m. – Depart SC4 College Center parking lot. Enjoy learning about Shakespeare and the “Merry Wives of Windsor” while relaxing on the luxury bus.
- 11:30 a.m. – Lunch at the upscale Marquee Restaurant overlooking the beautiful Avon River.
- 1 p.m. – Take time to explore the Stratford Festival Theatre gardens, museum and gift shop.
- 2 p.m. – Enjoy “Merry Wives of Windsor.”
- 5 p.m. – Depart for Port Huron while enjoying a special treat, a video and popcorn.
- 7 p.m. – Arrive at SC4’s College Center.
Call today at 810-982-7433 to reserve tickets or purchase online.