Being first is always the ultimate goal in sports.
The runners on the St. Clair County Community College men’s and women’s cross country teams have already accomplished that, as they’re the first members of the new edition of the program.
After offering the sport decades ago, cross country is back at SC4, led by coach Charles Stallworth and a group of student-athletes excited to be part of something new.
So who will you be cheering for this fall? Here are the team members:
- Cameron Atkins, Owosso High School
- Austin Coha, Marysville High School
- Jaryd Forbes, Marysville High School
- Blaik Haney, Marine City High School
- Chandler Kielbas, Port Huron High School
- Tyler Kreilter, Marine City High School
- Ryan Najor, Capac High School
- Dakota Trendy, Marysville High School
- Caterina Gryspeerd, Algonac High School
- Meghan Sylvia, Marysville High School
As a first-year program, the Skippers won’t be hosting any meets this season. But they will be running fairly close to home several times.
The teams will begin their season on Friday, Sept. 2, when they run in the Golden Grizzly Invitational at Oakland University. They’ll see Division I competition at this meet, just as they will at the Tommy Titan Invitational (Sept. 10 at University of Detroit Mercy) and the Spartan Invitational (Sept. 16 at Michigan State University).
The Michigan Community College Athletic Association and National Junior College Athletic Association Region XII championships will both be held on Sept. 29 in Lansing.
For more information on the SC4 men’s cross country team, click here.
For more information on the SC4 women’s cross country team, click here.